If you possess a OnePlus One smartphone then you are a lucky user. The OnePlus One devices have received Android 7.1 Nougat update. This Android OS doesn’t come official from Google or OnePlus but is just a custom ROM. The custom ROM is named CyanogenMod 14.1 and developed by the most known custom ROMs CyanogenMod Team.
The CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightly which is also known as CM14.1 is based on Nougat 7.1 and is stable than the previous ROMs. When, you will install this custom firmware your OnePlus One will have a better TouchWiz design, run faster and smoother than before, and an optimized battery life.
The CM14.1 based on Nougat 7.1 can be installed on your OnePlus One only if your smartphone has root access. Except the root access, your phone should also be running a custom recovery image like TWRP. Also, plug in charger your device if it has lower than 20% power left.
Keep in mind that during the update process you will lose your personal data so you it’s highly recommended to perform a backup. Also, if you choose to apply the steps from below you will lose the warranty of your OnePlus One
Install Android 7.1 Nougat on OnePlus One using CM14.1 Nightly
- Download the CM14.1 Nougat and Google Gapps from the buttons below.
- Place them somewhere on your computer where you can easily locate them.
- Now, make a connection between your OnePlus One and PC. Copy-Paste both files to your phone’s internal storage.
- Disconnect the phone and turn it off.
- Then, you need to boot it into recovery mode.
- When you are into recovery mode you need to wipe up your device. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select all Dalvik cache, System, Data and Cache options. Swipe to the left to confirm the factory reset process.
- Good; now return to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option. Find the CM14.1 Nightly Nougat firmware and install it on your phone. Swipe to the left to confirm the installation process.
- Repeat the step 7 but this time install Google Nougat Gapps.
- Reboot the phone.
That’s it; You now have learned how to install Android 7.1 Nougat on OnePlus One with CyanogenMod 14.1. We are here to help you so if you have any questions feel free to use the comments box.