To begin, open Settings, then tap “Notifications.” Locate “App Icon Badges” and disable the switch next to it. Just like that, all of your S9’s apps will no longer display an intrusive badge.
How do I disable badges on Android?
You can turn your badges off, too, with a near-identical process. Go to the Settings app and open the app/notifications section. Select the app you wish to manage, go to its notifications panel, and swipe left on the “notification dot” feature. Goodbye badges.
What are app icon badges Android?
An icon badge displays as a small circle or a number on the corner of an app’s icon. If an app has one or more notifications, it will have a badge. Some apps will combine multiple notifications into one and may only show the number 1. Other times, the badge may go away if you clear your notifications.
How do I turn off notification badge on Samsung?
How to disable notification badge on Samsung mobiles
- Open the Settings app on your Samsung phone.
- Tap on the Apps menu and select Show system apps from three-dotted icon.
- Tap on the BadgeProvider app.
- Tap the Force stop button.
- Click the OK button to turn off or disable notification badge.
How do I hide content of notifications?
What To Know
- On most Android phones: Select Settings > General > Apps & notifications > Notifications > Lock screen. Pick Hide sensitive/Hide all.
- On Samsung and HTC devices: Select Settings > Lockscreen > Notifications. Tap Hide content or Notification icons only.
How do I remove the unread message icon from my Android?
The message may just also appear highlighted since it’s unread. Tap and hold the problematic message. After a moment, you’ll see some different icons appear at the top of the screen. Tap the Delete icon.
Why does my Google icon have a 1 on it?
Option #1: Clear the Google Play Store Badge
Notice that there is an orange “1” at the top right of the Google Play app icon. This indicates an update is available, but as Samuel mentions, the Google Play update notification is stuck. To clear the badge: Locate the Google Play icon on your phone.
What are badges on apps?
App icon badges are a commonly used feature on many mobile devices. The badges appear as small dots over the logo of an app on a user’s home screen and can be designed in a wide range of eye-catching colors. Fully supported by Apple and Android devices, app icon badges are easily accessible to a wide range of users.
How do you count badges on Android?
If you want to change badge with number, you can be changed in NOTIFICATION SETTING on the notification panel or Settings > Notifications > App icon badges > Select Show with number.
How do I change notification settings on Samsung?
Depending what notifications you want, you can change settings for certain apps or for your whole phone. Notifications show when you swipe down from the top of your screen.
Option 3: In the certain app
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications. Notifications.
- Turn Allow notification dots on or off.
How do I clear my notification badge?
In order to clear this sometimes sticky notification badge, please follow these instructions.
- Open the menu by tapping the 3 horizontal lines in the top left-hand corner.
- Tap the “Notices” tab in the middle of the three options at the top of the menu and clear your notices of any notifications.
What is badge provider on Samsung?
BadgeProvider is a system app on Android mobile, which puts the little red circles on the app icons in order to let you indicate how many unread notifications that app has. It lets you know if you get a new message or email on your phone or some new notifications on the apps installed on your phone.