If you connect your Android device and nothing happens, this should be the first course of action. USB ports can easily become faulty, so it’s usually best to rule out the obvious stuff first. … Once both are fully rebooted, re-connect the cable, but this time make sure you use a different USB.
Why won’t my computer recognize my phone when I plug it in?
Start with the Obvious: Restart and Try Another USB Port
Before you try anything else, it’s worth going through the usual troubleshooting tips. Restart your Android phone, and give it another go. Also try another USB cable, or another USB port on your computer. Plug it directly into your computer instead of a USB hub.
Why is my phone not connecting to my laptop through USB?
Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Open the Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start button or hitting Win + X. Find your Android device under Portable Devices, right-click on it, and choose Update driver. … Select MTP USB Device from the list and click on Next at the bottom.
Why won’t my Samsung phone connect to my PC?
If your Samsung phone won’t connect to PC, the first step is to check the USB cable that you are using to connect it to your computer. … Check that the cable is fast enough for your computer and/or is a data cable. Newer computers may need a USB 3.1 speed data cable to connect correctly.
How do I connect my Android phone to computer?
Option 2: Move files with a USB cable
- Unlock your phone.
- With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer.
- On your phone, tap the “Charging this device via USB” notification.
- Under “Use USB for,” select File Transfer.
- A file transfer window will open on your computer.
How do I get my laptop to recognize my phone?
On your Android device open Settings and go to Storage. Tap the more icon in the top right corner and choose USB computer connection. From the list of options select Media device (MTP). Connect your Android device to your computer, and it should be recognized.
Where is USB settings on Android?
The easiest way to locate the setting is to open settings and then search for USB (Figure A). Searching for USB in Android settings. Scroll down and tap Default USB Configuration (Figure B).
How do I connect my Samsung phone to my laptop via USB?
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings > Connections.
- Tap Tethering and Mobile HotSpot.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable. …
- To share your connection, select the USB tethering check box.
- Tap OK if you would like to learn more about tethering.
How do I get my Samsung phone to recognize my computer?
First, make sure your phone and other device are paired. Then, on your PC or tablet, open Samsung Flow and then select the Smart View icon. Your phone’s screen will be displayed in a second window. Any actions performed on this screen will also occur on your phone.
How do I connect my Samsung Galaxy phone to my computer?
How to set up Link to Windows on your Samsung Galaxy phone
- Open Settings from the home screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Tap Advanced features. …
- Tap Link to Windows.
- Select Link your phone and PC.
- Hit Sign in with Microsoft to sign in to your Microsoft account.
Where is USB settings on Samsung?
Step 1: Open the “Settings” app on your android.
- Step 2: Scroll down until the end of the page, tap on “Developer options”. …
- Step 4: Tap on “OK”. …
- Step 5: Under the networking section, tap on “USB configuration”. …
- Step 6: Choose from above-given options want to set or change the USB configuration android phone.