Why is my Synaptics touchpad not working?
If you’re having issues with your Synaptics touchpad on Windows 10, the problem might be related to your drivers. … If the default driver doesn’t work, go to your touchpad manufacturer’s website and download an older driver. Once you install the older driver, check if the problem still persists.
How do I fix Synaptics touchpad settings missing?
1. Restart Your Laptop. The first step to troubleshoot any issue is to restart the device. If the Synaptics TouchPad is suddenly missing from the Mouse settings, first, restart your laptop and see if it restores the option to configure Synaptics TouchPad.
How do I turn my touchpad back on Windows 10?
Using a mouse and keyboard
Press the Windows key , type touchpad, and press Enter . Or, press Windows key + I to open Settings and choose Devices, then Touchpad. In the Touchpad Settings window, click the Touchpad toggle switch to the On position.
Why my touchpad is not working?
If the touchpad device is not working correctly, you can try updating the drivers. Click the Change settings button, click the Driver tab, then click the Update Driver button. Click the Search automatically option to allow Windows to look for an updated driver on the computer and the Internet.
How do I unfreeze my touchpad?
- On your keyboard, hold down the Fn key and press the touchpad key (or F7, F8, F9, F5, depending on the laptop brand you’re using).
- Move your mouse and check if the mouse frozen on laptop issue has been fixed. If yes, then great! But if the problem persists, move on to Fix 3, below.
How do I reinstall Synaptics touchpad?
How to retrieve the TouchPad (or any) software from your computer’s webpage:
- Open this link: …
- For TouchPad, Look in Category Driver – Keyboard, Mouse, and Input Devices.
- Click on the TouchPad package and then Install the package on that page.
- After the reinstallation, Reboot / Restart your computer and log in.
Why is my touchpad not working Windows 10?
Restart the Windows 10 device. Restarting a Windows 10 computer, laptop, or tablet can often fix problems, including a touchpad that isn’t working properly. To restart a Windows 10 device, open the Start Menu, select Power, and choose Restart. Enable Touchpad in Settings.
Why is my touchpad not showing up in Device Manager?
Touchpad driver missing in Device Manager is an issue that is usually triggered by outdated device drivers. If updating the driver did not help, check your BIOS configuration. Additionally, reinstall the device driver, choose Windows generic driver, or hard reset your laptop to fix the issue.
What to do if cursor is not moving?
Look for a Touchpad switch on the keyboard
The first thing to do is check for any button on your keyboard which has an icon that looks like a touchpad with a line through it. Press it and see if the cursor starts moving again. If not, check your row of function keys at the top of the keyboard.