How do I change my default PDF viewer?
Changing the default pdf viewer (to Adobe Reader)
- Click on the Start button and select the Settings cog.
- In the Windows Settings display, select System.
- Within the System list, select Default apps.
- At the bottom of the Choose default apps page, select Set defaults by app.
- The Set Default Programs window will open.
Does Windows 10 have a default PDF reader?
Microsoft Edge is the default program for opening PDF files on Windows 10. In four easy steps, you can set Acrobat DC or Acrobat Reader DC your default PDF program.
How do I change the default document viewer in Windows 10?
In the Control Panel, click on “Programs,” then search for the section that reads “Default programs,” and click on it. This will launch a page that reads “Default apps” at the top. 4. In “Default apps,” click on “Choose default apps by file type.”
How do I change my default Adobe?
Navigate to any PDF on your computer and right-click the document icon. Hover over the pop-up menu and click “Choose default program.” Click your version of Adobe Acrobat from the Recommended Programs list, then click the “OK” button to set your choice.
How do I change my default PDF viewer in Chrome?
Type or paste chrome://settings/content into address bar. A pop-up labeled “Content Settings…” will open. Scroll down to the bottom to “PDF Documents” Select or deselect the check box labelled “Open PDF files in the default PDF viewer application”
How do I use Microsoft edge instead of Adobe?
Method 1: Change the setting for Apps
- Press Windows + I key to launch Windows Settings.
- Click on Apps and select Default apps from the left pane.
- Now scroll down and click on Choose default apps by file type.
- Scroll and look for . pdf, . pdxml, and . pdx file type, then click on the + sign to change it to Adobe Reader.
Why can’t Microsoft edge open PDF files?
Delete the Cache in Microsoft Edge to fix Microsoft Edge that Won’t Open PDF Files. Launch the browser and then go to Settings and more. Find Settings to switch to Privacy and services and under Clear browsing data click on Choose what to clear. Choose Cached images and files and click Clear now.
Why is EDGE my default PDF viewer?
Are you using an older version of Adobe Reader? Older versions messed with the registry to assign itself to PDFs in a way that is no longer allowed in Windows 10. This triggers Windows’ file protection to reset the PDF association to default, which is Edge in Windows 10.
Where is the default Programs Control Panel in Windows 10?
On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps. Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store.
Why can’t I change default Apps in Windows 10?
Assuming that you have already tried to set a particular app as default, but the Settings app on Windows 10 isn’t applying the changes or an error appears, do the following: … Click on Set defaults by app. Control Panel will open on Set Default Programs. On the left, select the app you want to set as default.
How do I change default app?
How to clear and change default apps on Android
- 1 Go To Setting.
- 2 Find Apps.
- 3 Tap at option menu (Three dot on right top corner)
- 4 Select Default apps.
- 5 Check your default Browser app. …
- 6 Now you can change the default browser.
- 7 you can choose always for the apps selection.