Right-click the taskbar at the bottom (or tap and hold there for a second to bring up the menu), and click Properties > Navigation. Under Start screen, check the “When I sign in or close all apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start” option, then OK.
How do I get the normal desktop on Windows 8?
Press the < Windows > key to access the Desktop view. Right-click on the task bar at the bottom of the screen and select Properties. Click the Navigation tab, then check the box next to Go to the desktop instead of Start when I sign in.
Does Windows 8 have Desktop?
Windows 8 has two environments: the full screen, touch-centric Windows Store App interface (also called Metro) and the Desktop interface, which looks and acts like Windows 7. … Both Desktop and Windows Store apps can be launched from the Start screen.
How do I get out of desktop mode in Windows 10?
Click System, then select Tablet Mode in the left panel. A tablet mode submenu appears. Toggle Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet to On to enable Tablet mode. Set this to Off for desktop mode.
How do I get my Windows 10 desktop back to normal?
When your Windows 10 system is currently using tablet mode, there will be no tile available on the screen to quickly switch back to desktop mode. To switch from tablet mode back to desktop mode, tap or click the Action Center icon in the taskbar to bring up a list of quick settings for your system.
How do I get the old desktop back on Windows 10?
How to Get to the Desktop in Windows 10
- Click the icon in the lower right corner of the screen. It looks like a tiny rectangle that’s next to your notification icon. …
- Right click on the taskbar. …
- Select Show the desktop from the menu.
- Hit Windows Key + D to toggle back and forth from the desktop.
Can I buy a new computer with windows 8?
If you’re using Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, you’ll need to buy the Windows 8.1 upgrade. … While Windows 8.1 will work with a minimum spec computer, it’ll run even better if you have a new machine or an upgraded PC or laptop. You can buy Windows 8.1 from major in-store and online retailers across the world.
How do I put apps on my desktop windows 8?
To add shortcuts to the desktop
- Press and hold (or right-click) the desktop, then select New > Shortcut.
- Enter the location of the item or select Browse to find the item in File Explorer.
How do I set up multiple desktops in windows 8?
Right-click the Dexpot taskbar icon > Settings. Select the number of desired desktops at the top. Organize your windows. To organize your programs and windows into different desktops, right-click the Dexpot taskbar icon and select “Desktop Windows.” Then, drag-and-drop programs from one workspace to another.
Is there a Start menu in Windows 8?
Both the Start button and classic Start menu are gone in Windows 8. If you don’t like the full-screen, Metro-style “Start screen,” there are a few ways to get a classic-style Start menu back. Note: You can get the Windows 7 style Start Menu back on Windows 10 easily.
How do I get my start menu back?
To move the taskbar back to its original position, you will need to use the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties menu.
- Right-click any empty spot on the taskbar and select “Properties.”
- Select “Bottom” in the drop-down menu next to “Taskbar location on screen.”
How do I restore my Start menu?
How to Restart the Start Menu using the Task Manager
- Open Task Manager by right-clicking the Taskbar and selecting Task Manager from the menu, or alternatively use the Ctrl + Shift + Esc shortcut keys.
- In the Processes tab and right-click the Start process, then select End task from the Context Menu.