In Windows 10, you can access this window through Settings > Personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. In Windows 8 and 10, it’s Control Panel > Personalize > Change Desktop Icons. Use the checkboxes in the “Desktop icons” section to select which icons you want on your desktop.
How do I customize my computer icons?
To add icons to your desktop such as This PC, Recycle Bin and more:
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Personalization > Themes.
- Under Themes > Related Settings, select Desktop icon settings.
- Choose the icons you would like to have on your desktop, then select Apply and OK.
How do I change the default icons in Windows 10?
How to Reset Default Icons on Windows 10
- Open your “Desktop Icon Settings.”
- Press the “Search” tab and enter “desktop icon” in the box.
- Hit “Show or hide common icons on the desktop.”
- Select a modified desktop icon and press “Restore Default.”
- Hit the “OK” button to apply the changes.
Can you change app icons on Windows 10?
In Windows 10, you can access this window through Settings > Personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. … Use the checkboxes in the “Desktop icons” section to select which icons you want on your desktop. To change an icon, select the icon you want to change and then click the “Change Icon” button.
How do I change my icons permanently?
in earlier version of windows, i can set the custom folder icon to permanent by editing the “desktop. ini” file, with simply erase some part of the icon file address into iconresource=”icon name”. ico,0. it works in win 7, 8, and 8.1.
How do I change my icons back to normal?
Locate Apps or Application Manager (depending upon which device you use). Swipe the screen to the left to get to the All tab. Scroll down until you locate the currently running home screen. Scroll down until you see the Clear Defaults button (Figure A).
How do I turn an image into an icon?
How to create an ICO?
- Upload an image file.
- Use the optional settings to change the ICO size, DPI or crop the original image (optional).
- Create a favicon. ico by setting the size to 16×16 pixel.
- Click on “Start conversion” and your icon will be created.
How do I convert JPG to ICO?
Part 2 – How to Convert JPG to ICO Online
- Select files from Computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, URL, or by dragging it on the page.
- Choose “to ico”. Choose “ICO” you need as a result. Tip. …
- Download your ICO file. Click the “Convert” button and let the file convert and you can download your ICO file right afterward.
How do I put apps on my desktop Windows 10?
Method 1: Desktop Apps Only
- Select the Windows button to open the Start menu.
- Select All apps.
- Right-click on the app you want to create a desktop shortcut for.
- Select More.
- Select Open file location. …
- Right-click on the app’s icon.
- Select Create shortcut.
- Select Yes.