To fix the “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error” problem you will need to change the ChildCompletion DWORD value data. To do so, press Shift + F10 keys on your keyboard. This should bring up the Command Prompt window. If this combination does not work, access Advanced Startup Options.
How do I fix Windows Setup unexpected error?
When you restart your system, your computer will be scanned for errors and attempts will be made to correct them.
- Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. …
- On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
- Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
How do I restart Windows installation?
Method 1: Use the Msconfig tool to confirm that the installer service is running
- Click Start, and then click Run. …
- In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK. …
- On the Services tab, click to select the check box that is next to Windows Installer. …
- Click OK, and then click Restart to restart the computer.
Why is my computer randomly restarting?
There could be multiple reasons for the computer to keep restarting. It could be because of some hardware failure, malware attack, corrupted driver, faulty Windows update, dust in the CPU, and many such reasons. Follow this guide for the fixes to the problem.
Why did my computer restart loop?
Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to reboot continuously. The problem could be the RAM, Hard Drive, Power Supply, Graphics Card or External devices: – or it could be an overheating or BIOS issue. This post will help you if your computer freezes or reboots due to Hardware issues.
How do I fix a setup error?
Perform a disk cleanup on your system by going to the “Start” menu, clicking “Run” and typing “cleanmgr.exe.” Choose “Drive C:” for cleanup, and check the box to clear temporary files. Restart your computer and try to run the installer again.
How do I restart a failed Windows 10 install?
How to fix the Windows installation has failed while installing Windows 10
- Make sure you meet the requirements.
- Uninstall the language pack.
- Unplug all peripheral devices.
- Uninstall third-party antivirus.
- Choose to keep only files when asked.
- Rebuild BCD.
- Upgrade with installation media.
- Perform a clean install.
How do you fix setup Cannot continue due to a corrupted installation file?
Burn a new DVD or place it on a USB flash drive and try installing again. Make sure you install the same version of Windows that your new computer came with (Home or Pro). If you install a different version it will not activate.
Why is my Windows Update failing?
Your Windows Update may fail to update your Windows because its components are corrupted. These components include the services and temporary files and folders associated with Windows Update. You can try resetting these components and see if this can fix your problem.
Why won’t my Windows Update install?
If the installation remains stuck at the same percentage, try checking for updates again or running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. To check for updates, select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
How do I force a Windows Update to install?
How to Force Windows 10 to Install an Update
- Restart the Windows Update Service.
- Restart the Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
- Delete the Windows Update Folder.
- Perform Windows Update Cleanup.
- Run Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Use the Windows Update Assistant.