How do I change my default browser on Windows 8?
How to set a default browser in Windows 7 & Windows 8
- Open the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
- In the Control Panel, click Programs. …
- Select Default Programs.
- Select Set your default programs.
- From the list of installed programs on the left, choose your desired default browser.
How can I set Google Chrome as my default browser?
Set Chrome as your default web browser
- On your Android, open Settings .
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- At the bottom, tap Advanced.
- Tap Default apps.
- Tap Browser App Chrome .
How do I make Chrome open on startup Windows 8?
Type “shell:startup” into the address bar of the file browser, and then press “Enter.” WIndows opens your startup folder. Click the desktop shortcut and drag it into the startup folder. The page or app from the Chrome tab will now launch in the streamlined window every time you start Windows.
Can Windows 8 run Google Chrome?
System requirements to use Chrome
To use Chrome on Windows, you’ll need: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later. An Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that’s SSE3 capable.
How do I remove Google Chrome as my default browser on Windows 8?
The first is to right-click on your Windows taskbar, select Properties and choose the Start Menu tab. From here, click Customize and on the General tab change the Internet browser option from the selection in the drop-down menu from Google Chrome to your browser of choice. Then click OK.
How do I make Internet Explorer my default browser on Windows 8?
Here’s how to make Internet Explorer your default browser:
- Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button , and then choose Internet options.
- Select the Programs tab, and then choose Make default.
- Select OK, and then close Internet Explorer.
How do I change my browser settings?
At the Settings pane, click Change PC Settings > Search and apps > Defaults. From here, the process is similar to Windows 10; click the current default for Web browser and change it to the browser of your choice.
How do I get links to open in Chrome?
To see the shortcut in action, open an app or a page (such as Twitter) and then tap and hold on a link you want to open in Chrome. Next, tap the “Share” button from the popup menu. If you’re already on the page in Safari that you want to open in Chrome, tap the Share button from the bottom toolbar.
Why is Yahoo My search engine on Chrome?
If your default search engine keeps changing to Yahoo suddenly when you traditionally use Chrome, Safari, or Firefox to surf the web, your computer is likely afflicted with malware. Manually resetting your browser’s settings should stop the Yahoo redirect virus from obstructing your system.
How do I pin Google Chrome to my taskbar Windows 8?
How to Open Chrome on My Desktop in Windows 8
- Press the “Windows” key, and then enter “Google Chrome” to bring up the search list. …
- Click “Pin to taskbar” to display the Chrome icon.
- Click and drag the “Chrome” button to the left or right along the taskbar to rearrange the order of these app buttons.
How do I set a program to run on startup in Windows 8?
How to Add Programs, Files, and Folders to System Startup in…
- Press Windows+R to open the “Run” dialog box.
- Type “shell:startup” and then hit Enter to open the “Startup” folder.
- Create a shortcut in the “Startup” folder to any file, folder, or app’s executable file. It will open on startup the next time you boot.
How do I make Chrome open on startup?
Click the Start button at the bottom-left corner of your screen, then click All Programs. Click the Google Chrome folder to expand it, then click the Google Chrome icon and drag it down to the Startup folder.