To begin running this diagnostic tool, go to your start menu and type “memory” and look for the “Windows Memory Diagnostic” option. Then select from one of the two options. You can choose whether to restart the computer and run the diagnostic now, or run it the next time you start your computer.
How do I check my blue screen on Windows 7?
- Click Windows Start button > Type event in Search programs and files field.
- Select Event Viewer.
- Navigate to Windows Logs > Application, and then find the latest event with “Error” in the Level column and “Application Error” in the Source column.
- Copy the text on the General tab.
How do I access the blue screen?
Fixing blue screen using Safe mode
- Select Troubleshoot on the Choose an option screen.
- Click on Advanced options.
- Click on Start Settings.
- Click the Restart button.
- After your computer reboots, press F4 or the 4 key to select Enable Safe Mode.
How do I get rid of the blue screen on Windows 7?
1) Disabling Automatic Restart
- Go to My Computer and right-click it.
- Go to Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Go to the Startup and Recovery section and click the Settings button.
- Go to the System Failure section and uncheck the box for the Automatic Restart option.
- Save the settings by clicking OK.
How do I fix Windows 7 not booting up?
Fixes if Windows Vista or 7 won’t start
- Insert the original Windows Vista or 7 installation disc.
- Restart the computer and press any key to boot from the disc.
- Click Repair your computer. …
- Choose your operating system and click Next to continue.
- At System Recovery Options, select Startup Repair.
Why does blue screen happen Windows 7?
Stop errors (also sometimes called blue screen or black screen errors) can occur if a serious problem causes Windows 7 to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues, and it can be difficult to troubleshoot the problem.
Is blue screen of death bad?
Although a BSoD won’t damage your hardware, it can ruin your day. You’re busy working or playing, and suddenly everything stops. You’ll have to reboot the computer, then reload the programs and files you had open, and only after all that get back to work.
How do I fix blue screen on startup?
To use a Restore Point to fix blue screen problems, use these steps:
- Click the Advanced Startup option. …
- Click the Troubleshoot option. …
- Click the Advanced options button. …
- Click the System Restore option. …
- Select the your account.
- Confirm your account password.
- Click the Continue button.
- Click the Next button.
How can I repair my Windows 7?
Follow these steps:
- Restart your computer.
- Press F8 before the Windows 7 logo appears.
- At the Advanced Boot Options menu, select the Repair your computer option.
- Press Enter.
- System Recovery Options should now be available.
How do I fix a crashed Windows 7?
Try these fixes:
- Clear the temp files.
- Run a Disk Check.
- Run System File Checker.
- Run a memory check.
- Update your drivers.
- Check the crash dump.
- Perform a System Restore.
- Scan for malware and virus.
How do I repair Windows 7 without a disk?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.