Windows Server 2008 also makes the management of printers and print servers easier in your domain. The new Print Management snap-in (see Figure 1.5) enables you to view print servers and the printers that they provide for the domain.
What is the significance of Windows Server 2008 R2?
Windows Server 2008 R2 is a server operating system developed by Microsoft, which builds on the enhancements built into Windows Server 2008. The operating system (OS), which is highly integrated with the client edition of Windows 7, offers improvements in scalability and availability, as well as power consumption.
What is the importance of Windows Server?
2. What are Servers and How They are Used? Server is a system that can help to connect more than one computer with each other. All the data from the computers are stored in the servers and they controls the basic communication models installed in every computer.
What are the primary roles a Windows Server 2008 computer can fulfill?
The Server 2008 roles are as follows:
- Active Directory Certificate Services. …
- Active Directory Domain Services. …
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS). …
- Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services. …
- Active Directory Rights Management Services. …
- Application Server. …
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Server.
What are the features of Windows Server 2008?
- Server Core.
- Active Directory.
- Failover Clustering.
- Disk management and file storage.
- Windows System Resource Manager.
- Server Manager.
- Protocol and cryptography.
What are the two types of server 2008 installation?
Windows 2008 installation types
- Windows 2008 can be installed in two types, …
- Full installation. …
- Server Core installation.
Which Windows server is most used?
One of the most important components of the 4.0 release was Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS). This free addition is now the most popular web management software in the world. Apache HTTP Server is in second place, although up until 2018, Apache was the leading web server software.
What are the advantages of file server?
2. File Server
|Advantages of a file server (compared to local storage)||Disadvantage of a file server|
|Data more secure as files are backed up on a regular basis – no need to encumber people with managing their own data||They usually need a professional IT person to set up and administer.|
What are the types of Windows Server?
Types of servers
- File servers. File servers store and distribute files. …
- Print servers. Print servers allow for the management and distribution of printing functionality. …
- Application servers. …
- Web servers. …
- Database servers. …
- Virtual servers. …
- Proxy servers. …
- Monitoring and management servers.
Which tool is used in Windows 2008 to configure different server roles?
Server Manager is likely to be a familiar tool to engineers who have worked with earlier versions of Windows. Server Manager is a single solution that is used as a single source for managing identity and system information. Server Manager is enabled by default when a Windows 2008 server is installed.
Which is the latest version of Windows Server 2008?
It is built on the same kernel used with the client-oriented Windows 7, and is the first server operating system released by Microsoft to exclusively support 64-bit processors.
Windows Server 2008 R2.
|License||Commercial software (Retail, volume licensing, Microsoft Software Assurance)|
|Preceded by||Windows Server 2008 (2008)|
What are the 4 important roles needed in a Windows Server 2008 R2?
Windows Server 2008 R2 includes the following roles: Active Directory Certificate Services. Active Directory Domain Services. … Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services.