To get rid of Internet Explorer, simply click on the Turn Windows Features on or off option on the left. You’ll want to find Internet Explorer in the list of features and then untick the checkbox next to it and click OK to confirm. Then, you should press Restart Now to apply the changes.
Should I uninstall Internet Explorer from Windows 7?
If you don’t use Internet Explorer, don’t uninstall it. Uninstalling Internet Explorer may cause your Windows computer to have problems. Even though removing the browser isn’t a wise option, you can safely disable it and use an alternative browser to access the internet.
Can you remove Internet Explorer from Windows?
Option 1: “Delete” Internet Explorer
For the average Windows user, if IE isn’t enforced by your IT department and you don’t need any apps that rely on it, you can simply forget about IE and start using another browser. You can’t delete Internet Explorer completely in Windows 10, but you can turn it off.
How do I uninstall Internet Explorer?
How to uninstall Internet Explorer using Control Panel
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Apps & features.
- On the right pane, under “Related settings,” click the Program and Features option.
- On the left pane, click the Turn Windows features on or off option.
- Clear the Internet Explorer 11 option.
Should I disable Internet Explorer?
If you’re not sure if you need Internet Explorer or not, I would recommend simply disabling Internet Explorer and testing your normal sites. If you run into issues, worse-case, you can re-enable the browser. However, for most of us out there, you should be just fine.
Can I delete Internet Explorer if I have Google Chrome?
Or I can delete Internet Explorer or Chrome to make sure I have more space on my laptop. Hi, No, you cannot ‘delete’ or uninstall Internet Explorer. Some IE files are shared with Windows Explorer and other Windows functions/features.
Why can’t I delete Internet Explorer from my computer?
Because Internet Explorer 11 comes preinstalled on Windows 10 — and no, you can’t uninstall it. … On the left side of the Programs and Features window, you should see a link with a blue and yellow shield next to it that says Turn Windows features on or off. Click this link to open the Windows Features window.
How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 10 from Windows 7?
How to uninstall IE10 : Start button > in the search box, type programs and features > Enter > left side, click View Installed Updates > scroll down to find Windows Internet Explorer 10 > right click > click Uninstall. Restart computer.
How do I permanently remove Internet Explorer from my taskbar?
If you’d like to disable it, here’s how.
- Right click the Start icon and select Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Choose Programs & Features.
- In the left sidebar, select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Uncheck the box next to Internet Explorer 11.
- Select Yes from the pop-up dialogue.
- Press OK.
Should I delete Internet Explorer from Windows 10?
As you can see from our little experiment, it is safe to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10, simply because its place had already been taken by Microsoft Edge. It’s also reasonably safe to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 8.1, but only as long as you have another browser installed.
How do I completely remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10?
How to Uninstall Internet Explorer via Programs and Features
- Open Settings. …
- Enter app settings. …
- Open Programs and Features. …
- Click “Turn Windows features on or off”
- Untick “Internet Explorer 11” …
- Confirm your choice. …
- Uninstall Internet Explorer. …
- Restart your PC so Windows 10 can fully remove Internet Explorer.
How do I delete all traces of Internet history?
Clear your history
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click History. History.
- On the left, click Clear browsing data. …
- From the drop-down menu, select how much history you want to delete. …
- Check the boxes for the info you want Chrome to clear, including “browsing history.” …
- Click Clear data.
How do I delete browsing history?
Clear your history
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More. History. …
- Tap Clear browsing data.
- Next to “Time range,” select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, tap All time.
- Check “Browsing history.” …
- Tap Clear data.
What happens if I turn off Internet Explorer 11?
When you turn off Internet Explorer in a Windows 10 computer, it will no longer be accessible in the Start menu or even searching it from Search box. Hence, it will be the Microsoft Edge will be set as the default browser.