Place your cursor somewhere in or next to the word you wish to select. Press Ctrl+D (Windows or Linux) or Command+D (Mac OS X) to highlight the entire word. Press Ctrl+D (Windows or Linux) or Command+D (Mac OS X) to select the next instance of the word. Repeat until you’ve selected the words you want to change.
How do you select multiple lines at once?
To select items that are not next to each other, follow these steps:
- Select the first item that you want. For example, select some text.
- Press and hold CTRL.
- Select the next item that you want. Important Be sure to press and hold CTRL while you select the next item that you want to include in the selection.
How do I make multiple lines on one line in Unix?
Simply put, the idea of this sed one-liner is: append each line into the pattern space, at last replace all line breaks with the given string.
- :a; – we define a label called a.
- N; – append next line into sed’s pattern space.
- $! …
- s/n/REPLACEMENT/g – replace all line breaks with the given REPLACEMENT.
How do you select multiple lines in vi?
Place your cursor anywhere on the first or last line of the text you want to manipulate. Press Shift+V to enter line mode. The words VISUAL LINE will appear at the bottom of the screen. Use navigation commands, such as the Arrow keys, to highlight multiple lines of text.
How do you select multiple lines in VS code?
Select the lines you want to have multiple cursors. Simply hit Alt + Shift – I .
How do I join two lines in Linux?
Simplest way is here:
- Remove even lines and write it in some temp file 1.
- Remove odd lines and write it in some temp file 2.
- Combine two files in one by using paste command with -d (means delete space)
How do you join two lines in awk?
awk – Join or merge lines on finding a pattern
- Join the lines following the pattern START with space as delimiter. …
- Join the lines following the pattern START with comma as delimiter. …
- Join the lines following the pattern START with comma as delimiter with also the pattern matching line.
How do you write multiple lines in Linux?
How to Write/Append Multiple Lines to a File on Linux
- Method 1:- You can write/append content line by line using the multiple echo commands. …
- Method 2:- You can append content with the multi-line command in the quoted text. …
- Method 3:-
How do you select multiple lines to delete in Vim?
Deleting Multiple Lines
- Press the Esc key to go to normal mode.
- Place the cursor on the first line you want to delete.
- Type 5dd and hit Enter to delete the next five lines.
How do I select in vi?
Selecting, Copying (or Cutting) and Pasting Text
Then we’ll do the following steps: Press v to start selecting. You can also use V (capital v) to select whole lines or Ctrl+v to select rectangular blocks. Move the cursor to the end of the text you want to copy.
How do you copy all lines in vi?
Copying lines into a buffer
- Press the ESC key to be sure you are in vi Command mode.
- Place the cursor on the line you wish to copy.
- Type yy to copy the line.
- Move the cursor to the place you wish to insert the copied line.