right click on my computer ,or computer, select properties, advanced system settings, under startup and recovery, click settings, at the top uncheck display list of operating systems, and make sure the one you want is selected under the drop box.
How do I fix choose an operating system to start?
Click on the Settings button under “Startup and Recovery” section. In the Startup and Recovery window, click the Drop-down menu under “Default operating system”. Choose the desired operating system. Also, uncheck “Times to display a list of operating systems“ checkbox.
Why do I have to choose an operating system Windows 10?
This means one of the operating systems will start booting automatically after the time of wait elapses, even if you have not chosen any operating system. So choosing the default operating system is very important. If you use a single operating system more often, then set that OS as your default OS.
How do I choose an operating system?
Choosing an Operating System
- Stability and Robustness. Probably the most important features in an OS are stability and robustness. …
- Memory Management. …
- Memory Leaks. …
- Sharing Memory. …
- Cost and Support. …
- Discontinued Products. …
- OS Releases. …
- Machine Strength Demands According to Expected Site Traffic.
How do I choose default operating system?
Method 2: Change Default Operating System in System Configuration
- Press Windows Key + R then type msconfig and hit Enter.
- Now in System Configuration window switch to Boot tab.
- Next, select the Operating System you want to set as default and then click on “Set as default” button.
- Click Apply followed by OK.
How do I get to Windows boot manager?
All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC. Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options. Now press and hold the Shift key and click on “Restart”. Windows will automatically start in advanced boot options after a short delay.
How do I get to the boot menu in Windows 10?
How to enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu. …
- Select Update & Security. …
- Select Recovery from the left menu. …
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. …
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings. …
- Click Restart.
How do I switch between operating systems in Windows 10?
Select the default operating system from within Windows 10
In Run box, type Msconfig and then press Enter key. Step 2: Switch to the Boot tab by clicking on the same. Step 3: Select the operating system that you want to set as the default operating system in the boot menu and then click Set as default option.
How do I change Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?
Part 3. How to Set SSD as Boot Drive in Windows 10
- Restart PC and press F2/F12/Del keys to enter BIOS.
- Go to the boot option, change the boot order, setting OS to boot from the new SSD.
- Save the changes, exit BIOS, and restart the PC. Wait patiently to let the computer boot up.
How do I choose between two operating systems?
Switching Between Operating Systems
Switch between your installed operating systems by rebooting your computer and selecting the installed operating system you want to use. If you have multiple operating systems installed, you should see a menu when you start your computer.
What is the easiest operating system to use?
From Windows 95, all the way to the Windows 10, it has been the go-to operating software that is fueling the computing systems worldwide. It is user-friendly, and starts up & resumes operations fast. The latest versions have more built-in security to keep you and your data safe.